MEAN WELL’s discontinued product schedule and End of Life products are normally updated 2 times per year, in January and in July and are published on www.meanwell.com. See FAQ “Where can I find MEAN WELL’s discontinued product schedule and End of Life information? “
The normal procedure for E.O.L. is:
- The product or series is announced in the Discontinued product list in January or July and announced as NRND (Not Recommend for New Design)
- 6 months later the lead time of the product or series will increase +30 days, the price will increase as well.
- Another 6 months later, the lead time will increase another +30 days (so + 60day compared to the original lead time), the price will increase again.
- Another 6 months later, the lead time will increase another +30day (so +90 days compared to the original lead time) and the price will increase again and additionally there will be a MOQ of 200pcs (and steps of 100 for higher quantities)
- After another 6 months the last buy is announced on the website. This will be the last opportunity to place an order for this product or series.
In total MEAN WELL’s End of Life, procedure will take 2 years. However, there are situations for instance that certification is expired, or some components can no longer be obtained by the market which will force to accelerate the EOL schedule. Therefore, it is always highly recommended from the moment that a product is on the discontinued list to design in one of our new generation products. If need any advice to this, please use the “Contact Us” function on this website.